The Minors division is full-fledged baseball and focuses on refining basic skills and getting a better understanding of offensive and defensive strategies. Players pitch from the full 46-foot pitching distance for the first time.
A Tournament Team (or “All Stars”) from this division may enter the Provincial Tournament at the end of the season. See the tournament page for more information.
Who can play?
- “League Age” 9 – 10 year olds
- Other ages may play up or down as appropriate
- New and experienced players are welcome
- Players are selected through mandatory assessments to ensure teams have balanced skill levels
What is included?
- A hat and t-shirt style jersey that players get to keep!
- A team/individual photo
- Use of basic playing equipment (bats, helmets, catchers gear)
What is needed?
- Jock/Jill (groin protection)
- Grey baseball pants
Other recommended items include a personal batting helmet and batting gloves.
Parents are expected to help with the following:
- Field setup and takedown
- Scorekeeping (one scorekeeper from each team is required for a game to be played)
- Volunteering in the concession
- Helping the coach: Dugout manager or base coach during games; first baseman, catcher etc. during practices
The team’s head coach will ask for volunteers and set up a parent volunteer schedule.
- 2 per week played against other National teams and Little Leagues throughout Greater Victoria (Beacon Hill, Central Saanich, Hampton, Lakehill, and Layritz)
- 1 – 2 per week as set by the head coach