Tee-ball is the introductory level of baseball which focuses on learning basic fundamentals. Children are taught the basic skills of throwing, catching, fielding, batting, and running the bases. Players hit off a stationary “tee” and may move to coach pitching during the season as appropriate.
There is a great deal of hands-on instruction during the game. During game play, coaches remain on the field to give instruction.
Who can play?
- “League Age” 5 – 6 year olds
- Other ages may play up or down as appropriate
- New and experienced players are welcome
What is included?
- A hat and t-shirt style jersey that players get to keep!
- A team/individual photo
- Use of basic playing equipment (bats, helmets, catchers gear)
What is needed?
- Jock/Jill (groin protection)
Parents are expected to help with the following:
- Volunteering in the concession
- Helping the coach: Dugout manager or base coach during games; first baseman, catcher etc. during practices
The team’s head coach will ask for volunteers and set up a parent volunteer schedule.
- 1 per week played against other National Tee-Ball teams
- 1 per week as set by the head coach