There is still a great deal of hands-on instruction during the game. During defensive play, coaches may remain on the field to give instruction. During offensive play, a coach will pitch from 28 feet to batters.
Players may transition from coach pitching to player pitching after the May long weekend.
Who can play?
- “League Age” 7 – 8 year olds
- Other ages may play up or down as appropriate
- New and experienced players are welcome
What is included?
- A hat and t-shirt style jersey that players get to keep!
- A team/individual photo
- Use of basic playing equipment (bats, helmets, catchers gear)
What is needed?
- Jock/Jill (groin protection)
Other recommended items include: a personal batting helmet and grey baseball pants.
Parents are expected to help with the following:
- Field setup and takedown
- Scorekeeping (one scorekeeper from each team is required for a game to be played)
- Volunteering in the concession
- Helping the coach: Dugout manager, base coach or participate in practice drills (if not enough coaches for the team)
The team’s head coach will ask for volunteers and set up a parent volunteer schedule.
- One game per week, played against other National Mini Minors teams. Games are on Sundays following Tee-ball games.
- 1 – 2 per week as set by the head coach