The Majors division is full-fledged baseball and focuses on refining basic skills and learning higher-level game play strategies.
A Tournament Team (or “All Stars”) from this division may enter the Little League International Tournament at the end of the season. This culmination of this tournament is the Little League Baseball World Series, featuring teams from around the world.
Who can play?
- “League Age” 11 – 12 year olds
- Other ages may “play up” as appropriate
- New and experienced players are welcome
- Players are selected through mandatory assessments to ensure teams have balanced skill levels
What is included?
- A hat and t-shirt style jersey that players get to keep!
- A team/individual photo
- Use of basic playing equipment (bats, helmets, catchers gear)
What is needed?
- Jock/Jill (groin protection)
- Grey baseball pants
Other recommended items include a personal batting helmet and batting gloves
Parents are expected to help with the following:
- Field setup and takedown
- Scorekeeping (one scorekeeper from each team is required for a game to be played)
- Volunteering in the concession
- Helping the coach: Dugout manager or base coach during games; first baseman, catcher etc. during practices
The team’s head coach will ask for volunteers and set up a parent volunteer schedule
- 2 per week played against other National teams and Little Leagues throughout Greater Victoria (Beacon Hill, Central Saanich, Hampton, Lakehill, and Layritz)
- At least two per week, as set by the head coach
Click here for the 2018 Major Interlock Rules.