We urgently need volunteers to help in the concession. So why not meet your volunteer requirement by spending an hour or two in the concession during your child’s next game?
We’re not asking for a major time commitment. If everyone signed up for just one shift, we would have the whole season covered!
No experience? No problem! If you can make change for a five dollar bill, you’re qualified to work the counter, and if you have ever put a hamburger on the barbecue, you’re qualified to work the grill! (Not every volunteer needs to have FOODSAFE certification.)
Come enjoy the best seat in the house (there’s a view over the umpire’s shoulder!) and help support our park!
Sign up now!
Your photos are ready! They have been distributed to the coaches. If you have not received your photos, please contact your team’s coach.
There is also the opportunity to order additional photos, trading cards, magnets etc. from our photographer. If you are interested, please be sure to ask your coach for the order form.
Opening Ceremonies are on Sunday, April 15th. Please bring your player in uniform for the group photo. We’ve got hours of fun and something for everyone! There will be two games to watch, a fire truck is stopping by, our veteran coaches will be running the batting cage, and the concession will be open! See you there!
- 9:30 am: The first Blastball game of the season!
- 10:00 am: Concession opens!
- 10:00 am to 10:45 am: Batting cage open for players age 8 and up
- 10:30 am: Victoria Firefighters arrive. Kids can check out their truck!
- 10:45 am: Players gather in full uniform in teams at the playground side of park. Teams will be called onto the field in order of oldest to youngest.
- 11:00 am: Opening ceremonies begin!
- 12:00 pm (or as soon as the ceremonies are done):
- First game for the National Minors teams!
- Batting cage re-opens for players age 8 and up.
- 2:00 pm(ish): Concession closes at the end of the Minors game.
Registration for 2018 is now closed. Thank you to all our new and returning players! 2018 is going to be a great season!
For last-minute registration inquiries, please contact our Registrar at email@example.com
We will be holding pre-season skills assessments as follows:
Indoors in the gymnasium at Quadra Elementary (3031 Quadra Street at Finlayson):
Outoors at Jerry Hale Field (Cook & Hillside):
If your young player is between the ages of 8 and 12, or if they are hoping to play up (e.g. 6-year-old hoping to play Mini Minors rather than Tee-ball), please bring them and a glove to at least one of the assessments. It’s critical that we know the current skill level of all children in order to place them on the team best suited to their abilities to ensure that everyone has a good time.
If you have not already done so, you may register in person for the 2018 regular season at the assessments.