Our neighbours and Hillside Park visitors are advised that construction will be underway to upgrade and refurbish the dugouts at Jerry Hale Field (1280 Hillside) in November and December 2018.
This work is approved by the City of Victoria and generously supported by the Jays Care Foundation. We will do everything we can to ensure site safety, and ask that you bear with us while the work is underway.
Looking forward to a great 2019 season!
Registration for fall ball is now closed. The game and practice schedule is here.
All registered parents and players are asked to attend a kickoff meeting/practice at Jerry Hale Field (1280 Hillside Avenue) at 6:00pm on Wednesday, September 5. Coaches and assistant coaches, please come at 5:30.
For more information, check our registration page.
Starting July 10 for six weeks, we will be offering FREE drop-in baseball clinics at Jerry Hale Field (Cook and Hillside)! The clinics will run every Tuesday night from 6:00 to 7:30.
The clinics are open to everyone from age 5 to 12 who lives within our catchment area. At the start of each clinic, we will divide the children by age and operate multiple age-appropriate stations. The emphasis will be on fun drills that emphasize individual skills.
If you are interested in helping coach at these events, please contact Mike Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org).
National is excited to host the 9/10 district tournament June 30 – July 8. We are looking forward to seeing some great ball in our park and cheering on our own Minors tournament team!
To make this tournament a success, we will need LOTS of volunteers to help out with the following:
- Park Representative (following a script before each game, answering questions and dealing with issues, general oversight
- Concession (we will need two people to run the grill and two people to serve the counter at all times)
- 50/50 Draw (no children in this role, please)
- Field Prep (raking and spraying down the field as necessary, drawing fresh chalk lines before each game, covering the pitching mound after the final game each day)
- Washroom / Garbage
Please seriously consider lending a hand. The more volunteers we get, the better this event will be!
It is also a bunch of fun and a chance to watch some GREAT baseball!
Please click on the link below to go to the signup site and sign up for a vacant time slot.
Sign up now!
Come join us with birthday cake in celebration of National Little League’s 65th anniversary!
- 10:00 am: Concession opens
- 10:45 am: Teams gather in full uniform near playground to be called onto the field
- 11:00 am: Closing ceremonies begin
- 11:30 am: 65th Birthday cake cutting
- 12:00 pm: Bouncy castles and batting cage open / AGM
- 1:00 pm (or as soon as AGM is done): Majors vs. coaches/alumni fun game
- 2:00 pm: Wrap up
We are in need of volunteers to help pass out birthday cake and supervise the bouncy castles. If you are able to help, please contact Allison Bottomley at email@example.com.